Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hey guy. Nick Cave, is it? I wonder--have
you caught wind of his third album

Kicking Against the Pricks? Chock load
full of ballads and gospel. There's
a
ballad,
sixth song on
"Henry's Dream",

"When I First Came to Town" I think it's called,
that ranks high for me.

I've been meaning to
text back when I hear
from you that way, but
the texts have this knack of
popping up right when I'm
1) concentrating while reviewing racing programs
2) placing bets
3) cooking dinner with my lady friend.

An I-Pod is too weak
of a thing
to off you as a poet.

As for me, I'm going well--busy
as much as can be allowed.

Will be flying to Reno in a week to
hike the Sierra Nevadas.

Then am moving into a new apartment
with my girlfriend Marie and her three cats.

No poems in me now. But tonight I
plumb the depths of a Jack and Ginger
to see what's happening down there.

A few lines and stars, maybe.

No comments: