Wednesday, July 25, 2007

shyku admiring your late clarity

eye missing
longwalking with you collective breathing riding
the silence to language
mas h blas-
pheming the daybreak is healthy mood for distance
learners Mason Dixon
lines everywhere gaffebliss,
gaffebliss, we are inhaled
by churches derelicts
tussled by hands but don’t touch
my eyes let heaven unknown harmonics
hum the belove
don cheadling in pizza shops, buscemilike
Houdini in liquor
the heavingart of
stallioning down ave.
smelling
heartily discount hookering
breezeway to blundertalk
everything’s a beer Bronx air
behind us your own mythic way of approaching
a sandwich stopping to admire
the poetry
in certain bookstores
zooy with eyes
I think I saw a giraffe Chinatown smells like
dyslexia yes I enjoy
my senses when I am

2 comments:

Ahab Cloud said...

1. funny, I typed this first in a Word doc. and put a lot of time and thought into a fairly elaborate spacing and structure and when I hit publish the blogosphere bumped everything over to the left margin and scrunched together my lines essentially creating a smoothness that is certainly not smooth--but, I'm leaving it as is, partially to goad my own title, which is true...

2. I put a shaft of light (clarity) down the center of this poem, but the blog ate it.

yogacephalus said...

The blog post function has shuffled my poems into a straight line too many times. You know what I do to counteract it? I play along. Write the poems as I want them and then post them just to see what the blog will do. A Cagean action in reverse, is how I see it: I start out disjunct and scattered, then use chance to shuffle it all back together.

And by the way, this is a very good poem.