Monday, July 9, 2007

skyku within a fiction of running water (from black flightbook #2)

bad art . know it by how it sounds
as if passionate to be art and just
that . Allan Kaprow . Forbidden
Knowledge . Proust smelting down
the seen . diseased by host likeness
out of the cradle gently mocking .
iniquity . how so much could meet
in so little as an opinion and be
crushed . contrived dualism Apoll
low to Dionysus . postlude . maimed
oxygen . cartomancy--fortune
telling with cards . pleasure-mash
homomorphism . private as a
corpse . alive as ham . selfishness
won't help inherit the inches . water
is 800 times more dense than air
spinarets--with which a spider
manipulates filaments . gallicism
sleep-scrimmage . a glutton
for English . a flesh expresser .
no allusions . more narrative . less
humor . flowing diction . fiction
The Last Gentleman--Percy . no
sweets for a week . coffee--2 cups
not stillness--concentration in
movement . Freeport Wolf Neck
State Park Wells . desiranoia
of the flow . henotheism--the worship
of one god w/out denying the
existence of others . obnubilate--
to obscure . gratis--free . the
display of pointless plumage . "En
and Omen" . secure a small place
in the whirling . "Some Story No
Blame Would Care To Read" . Vidal
versus Mailer: "Words fail Mr.
Mailer once again" . capsis . ungelic
down in a meaning hole with hearts
outside their bodies . all equal
in the eyes of lice . flight of the
understandable . slow and purposeful
applejack . copracognition . Olmecs
self-aggrandizement via put-down
Laura USAA . Steve from Pennstation
for I am my loneliest best friend
again

3 comments:

Ahab Cloud said...

I read the early two flights a few times before I headed out for the day--mostly walking and running errands. And, I have to say, the rhythm and compressed intensity of these pieces really stuck with me. The language here is by turns incredible, revealing, funny, sad, clipped. Thanks for sending them--and please don't take them down. I need to read them for a while. The true punk rock.

P.S. Back from the farm, my comedy has really kicked in. 2 exchanges stand out. Yes, I'm fairly proud of myself.

Psychic on the street says to me: "Here, you should take this card. It's good for a free palm reading.

Me: "If you were really a psychic, you would know I don't want that card."

______

Woman: Talking and talking about abortion--clearly against it.

Me: Your boobs are pro-life. Deal with it.

yogacephalus said...

I have to admit I'm a bit confused by the retort in your second account. Wouldn't it be more appropriately offensive if she were pro-choice?

That first exchange is brilliant. I wonder what her reaction was. Feel free to answer that query in a shyku.

Here's to Tuesday.

Ahab Cloud said...

Part of the point is the complete lack of precision--downshifting the conversation via (painful?) reminder of the obvious. It's like the old phrase, "your mom." Useful whenever you were outmatched.