Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Possible new assignment

Not fully fleshed out, but here goes...

Post 1 line at a time.

The line must be a combination/mash-up of an overheard line and a line of poetry.

Or, more specific

The line must be a combination/mash-up of an overheard line and a line of very old (17th Century?) poetry.

Play with this a little and see what you come up with. I'm certainly not tied to it, but I like the idea of smashing together a found line (which will help with listening skills) and a bound line (like we might find in the 17th century).

Title possibilities

1. The Bound Opera
2. The Found Opera
3. Sloppy Hope
4. A Weed in the Weather
5. The Daily Bleed
6. Opera Weather
7. Humdrum Swishing

Forget it, I'm listening.

4 comments:

Ahab Cloud said...

Funny, I kind of like your last line as the first line in our big found/reading poem. Should we call it a day?

Ahab Cloud said...

God, those titles are horrible. I'm a little out of practice.

yogacephalus said...

I like this new project idea. Come New Year I'll post something and a poem too.

Some of those titles are interesting...don't be so hard on yourself.

Merry X-mas, Friend

Ahab Cloud said...

We'll have to see if this works. It might require a bit too much thinking (is that a good or bad thing?).

Reading a great William James biography. He's a cousin to Cassavetes. I will work out these connections someday. Writing near the lit tree today about how art/artwork can ruin the daily-ness of life. Get in the way. We must talk this through. My father and I searched through two very old Lives of the Saints books looking for a saint named Padre Pio. Midway through the search, my father asked my mother to sew up one of his fingers. He had a big gash in it. Somehow he forgot about it, in search of the Padre. We never found the Padre. My mother stopped the bleeding quickly.

Happy Holidays, amigo. We'll talk soon.