Wednesday, September 17, 2008

M

It's not as if truth were extractable from behavior, Jordan was explaining, but tents of humor regarded from afar
resemble goosebumps. What makes a faithful partner, anyway? If you have a man in your mind for longer
than a minute, you can be sure he'll stray. But mind you, there are different flavors. To grasp one in his
travels, from photon, dissolution, electrical spasms on the retinal screen; from optic nerve to laces crossed
and quavering in private three dimensions, so even with closed eyes he can see, can be--a saint
or mistake will, if he's with, have to be your honesty.

2 comments:

Ahab Cloud said...

Funny, on the ride home tonight I thought some lines: I miss my friend. / Somedays I think he could dissolve into atoms, vapors / just by thinking / that was possible.

Don't know exactly what this means, but it kind of rhymes with some of the things you've been writing lately.

yogacephalus said...

Well, what time did you think that? I may have only been transcribing what you were transmitting.

A new find: Javier Marias. Check him out...

I really liked "Correspondence Abandon", by the way.