Thursday, August 16, 2007

on modesty shyku (outre sap lilt wreckage foem)

Romance, I think
is an ambience

not a thing done
between, much less

shown. Inside itself
there it goes

making something
it can't know.

Like two people
wondering inside

some future
neither of them

supposes--well blended.
What other reason

is there modesty
and artfully more,

wooing ten more
than its opposite? --

The more I withhold
from hands

inside eyes,
the more

we're both led
bold by something

living. Translation:
a face, Lady

that wants us
both (far inside,

where there's seeing.)

2 comments:

yogacephalus said...

Things are about to get very busy for me next week, Steve. Shyku will be fewer and farther between.

PS--what do you think of the lilt to this one? I was aiming for one of those courtly medieval rhythms...

Ahab Cloud said...

Remember: shyku fits anywhere and is especially good in tight spaces.

Yes, I like the lilt, but I wouldn't know courtly if it bit me in the ass

did it

yes my ass is a little sore