Wednesday, August 8, 2007

shykumache

what is noise endless reciprocal ^ the way the park ends in continuance blades of grass the sheen of hills and activity playing catch kissing eating sleeping I once even saw two people asleep with their hands in each other’s pockets and of course clouds ^ did you make time faith ^ rendering peak paranoia a tiny tweak becomes passion ^ continuum New Hampshire via New York via Jerseytucky ^ that was a horrible decision ^ what was that in the margin on the shoulder the car like all machines mache seeing ^ my dictionary bless its heart defines mache with a note that says, “see corn salad” which means “a plant of the valerian family that often grows in grain fields and has edible leaves,” the UK term is lamb’s lettuce ^ my mother who hates disturbance would say “you should have used the original word you selected,” which was “makes” ^ tiny tweak becomes yes she knows part of me was in her Nebraska perhaps the skyline or just the way you could throw your eyes like dice across the table of endless plains and that gambling is called romance, the ancient kind, nothing to do with man and woman, rather something tumbling deep the heart’s locomotive dream ^ corn smut is a fungal disease of corn that produces dark swellings on the grain which is kind of what I was trying to say when I was trying to say when something was trying to be said about romance and Nebraska it produces dark swellings on the grain ^ corn snow is fallen snow that has a grainy surface because it has thawed and refrozen, it is also called corn it is beautiful conceptually but there’s no music in it I imagine in Spanish or Italian it would not be so useful and therefore like the thing itself that is beauty ^ a cornball is somebody who cares too much for romance, he is “very sentimental or unsophisticated” ^ how you track days measures meters you out ^ coffee with a friend maybe music the right kind why is that so hard ^ only stop you can be king/d again but bleeding debt opportunity ^ “stop being such a cornball,” she said I take that as compliment ^ calendar squares hours tiny windows painted white bloom defeated already weep ^ have you discovered anything new lately that they haven’t smoothed new ^ incomplete I want it like 10:20 a.m. a few sips left Akron Family or Bonnie Prince ^ his lament my lament internal glamour what for someone other ^ a line is a ledge where I can pile new data experience perhaps an extra eyes ^ I want so much to fall away a life minimalism what is the tone most like flame ^ perhaps simple joy like falling into what is that scent of mint words leading the thought before the experience is enough ^ loss of meaning disorientation sonnet mind nameblind I wish I knew a beautiful word in another language I would say it three times would skip it across the water there ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

2 comments:

yogacephalus said...

I think you wrote the shyku masterpiece here. It reads like a summation of everything that has come before. I'm going to have to sit under my kitchen table a while and sweat a bit like a hack monk and reflect on this.

yogacephalus said...

You may want to read Alice Notley at this point. Particularly her early work.