Friday, September 14, 2007

I've been a moon / shiner / for seventeen / long years / I spent all / my money / on whiskey / and beer / I go to / some hollow / and sit / at my still / and if whisky / don't kill me / then I don't know / what will / I go to / some barroom / and drink / with my friends / where women / can't follow / and see / what I spend / god bless those / pretty women / I wish / they was mine / their breath is / as sweet as / the dew on / the vine / let me eat when I'm hungry / moonshine when I'm dry / green grass when I'm hard up / religion when I'm dying' / the whole world is a bottle / and life's / but a dram / when the bottle / gets empty / god it ain't / worth a damn

1 comment:

Ahab Cloud said...

Dylan's Gaslight version of "Moonshiner" - I must''ve listened to this song 500 times when I spent a week alone Upstate.